3.0.1 regression (was: bootstrap failure with colons in objdir)

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> Hmm. I'm trying to figure out how to get Gerald's pathological build
> setup working again. This is the stuff like
>
> blddir = /mnt/hd/gcc:20010730/bld
>
> or something. Directory paths, not filenames, have to be able to deal
> with this. I thought quoting would help. Am I wrong? What would work?

Sheesh!  Performing GCC 3.0.1 pre-release testing, I just realizsed that
not only the trunk but also the 3.0-branch is broken in this respect.

That is, we are talking about a regression between 3.0 and 3.0.1 here!

(And, reviewing libstdc++-v3/ChangeLog on the 3.0-branch, I wonder whether
this huge amount of changes really was suitable for the release branch?)

Gerald

PS: I'll file a high-priority PR later today...