This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
3.0.1 regression (was: bootstrap failure with colons in objdir)
- To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Subject: 3.0.1 regression (was: bootstrap failure with colons in objdir)
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 08:56:41 +0200 (CEST)
- cc: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> Hmm. I'm trying to figure out how to get Gerald's pathological build
> setup working again. This is the stuff like
> blddir = /mnt/hd/gcc:20010730/bld
> or something. Directory paths, not filenames, have to be able to deal
> with this. I thought quoting would help. Am I wrong? What would work?
Sheesh! Performing GCC 3.0.1 pre-release testing, I just realizsed that
not only the trunk but also the 3.0-branch is broken in this respect.
That is, we are talking about a regression between 3.0 and 3.0.1 here!
(And, reviewing libstdc++-v3/ChangeLog on the 3.0-branch, I wonder whether
this huge amount of changes really was suitable for the release branch?)
PS: I'll file a high-priority PR later today...
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/