This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Second Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- To: geoffk at geoffk dot org, toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl
- Subject: Re: Second Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 22:05:30 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: dewar at gnat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
<<While it's true that IEEE754 doesn't explain how it maps onto high
level languages, this is at least partly because IEEE754 predates the
I don't think that's the case. After all IEEE-754 makes no attempt to
describe the mapping of Fortran either. Basically this standard was not
in the business of high level language considerations at all.