This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcj & boehm-gc core
- To: The Morsbergers <morsberger at usa dot net>
- Subject: Re: gcj & boehm-gc core
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: 07 Aug 2001 17:53:13 -0600
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, ro at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <B790BEE4.5C19firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "David" == The Morsbergers <email@example.com> writes:
David> I am dumping core when I try to use gcj on True64. It appears
David> to happen whenever garbage collection occurs.
David> es40-unix(tst)~ javac Test.java
David> es40-unix(tst)~ gcj -ljava -liconv --main=Test Test.class -o Test -- (Why do
David> I have to explicitly add -ljava and -liconv?)
This was a build problem in 3.0. I believe it is now fixed on the
branch; the fix should appear in 3.0.1.
David> #0 0x30001015508 in GC_clear_stack_inner (arg=0x14014b4f0 "H? @",
David> limit=5370066168) at ../../../boehm-gc/misc.c:247
David> 247 ../../../boehm-gc/misc.c: No such file or directory.
I'm afraid I haven't seen this before. Offhand I couldn't say what
the problem is.
Rainer Orth (CCd) has done some work on libgcj on this platform, as I
recall. Perhaps he knows the cause.