This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.0.1 Freeze
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: 3.0.1 Freeze
- From: Roman Zippel <zippel at linux-m68k dot org>
- Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 20:35:03 +0200
- CC: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mark Mitchell wrote:
> > What about the patch below?
> I cannot approve this patch because I don't know that part of the code
> well enough. I'm nervous, because it's a platform-independent change.
> However, if someone else comments that it looks obvious to them, that
> would influence me.
Hmm, the last one working in this area was Jeff Law.
Anyway, I've tested this patch now on m68k-linux, ppc-linux and
i686-linux. The worst the patch can do (if I possibly missed something),
is to miss some optimisations, but I have a simple example which is
misoptimised without this patch.
I wouldn't mind to put the change within a '#ifdef __mc68000__', the
patch is small enough for this, but the patch is badly needed for m68k.