Re: 3.0.1 Freeze

Hi,

Mark Mitchell wrote:

> > What about the patch below?
>
> I cannot approve this patch because I don't know that part of the code
> well enough.  I'm nervous, because it's a platform-independent change.
> However, if someone else comments that it looks obvious to them, that
> would influence me.

Hmm, the last one working in this area was Jeff Law.
Anyway, I've tested this patch now on m68k-linux, ppc-linux and
i686-linux. The worst the patch can do (if I possibly missed something),
is to miss some optimisations, but I have a simple example which is
misoptimised without this patch.
I wouldn't mind to put the change within a '#ifdef __mc68000__', the
patch is small enough for this, but the patch is badly needed for m68k.

bye, Roman