This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.0.1 Freeze
- To: bo at sonofthor dot dk, gdr at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: 3.0.1 Freeze
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 09:51:05 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, mark at codesourcery dot com
<<Here, I have a specific case at hand and given the timeframe, I have
to take the road which makes my life easier. And here, macros just do
the job fine. Sorry, if that doesn't match your personal taste.
I think Bo has a good point here. Historically macros in C make up for
the lack of constant declarations and the absence of inlined functions,
but once one has both these capabilities, 90% of macros should be replaced
by one of these far preferable constructs.