This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Second Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- To: gdosreis at sophia dot inria dot fr, toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl
- Subject: Re: Second Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 20:48:38 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
<<Well, the reason I used the word "optimizations" here is that I agree
with Robert's point of view that there is little to gain from these
transformations if they aren't optimizations. So I prefer to keep that
The reason for avoiding the term optimization is that too many people this
term implies a transformation that does not affect results other than
modifying the time and space behavior. By using the word transformation,
we emphasize that we are talking about something else here.