This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc 3.0.1 & C++ ABI issues
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: gcc 3.0.1 & C++ ABI issues
- From: Jason Merrill <jason_merrill at redhat dot com>
- Date: 07 Aug 2001 01:18:21 +0100
- Cc: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- References: <email@example.com>
>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Mitchell <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> What do you think we should do in the 3.0.1 time frame? Can we get
> a reasonably safe patch that will fix the correctness issue and
> not cause the (minor) pessimization? (This would clearly be the
> ideal solution.)
I think a patch that just disables the optimization for the case of copying
an lvalue of empty class type would be fine for 3.0.1.