Re: gcc 3.0.1 & C++ ABI issues

 Hmm, I'm not very happy with it. Remember this is a regression from
> gcc-2.95  and was reported before 3.0 was released. IF we release 3.0.1
> without KDE2  being fixed, I would suggest that fixing that bug  is a
> release criteria for  gcc-3.0.2  (and gcc-3.0.2 should be released in
> about the same  timeframe  as  gcc-3.0.1 then, 2-3 month).

We just went through an extended debate to get a policy in
place so that we don't have to do this every time.  The criteria is
that we make progress from release to release; we are doing that.

It is also true that this is a very important bug, and I know that
Nathan is working very hard on fixing it.  I would be astonished
if it wasn't fixed before 3.0.2.