This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- From: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 15:11:07 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl, lucier at math dot purdue dot edu
> However, -A + B => B - A is not such a rearrangement, since it can result
> in differences in the sign of 0.0 which can be highly significant in some
I can't think of a case where -A+B != B-A. Can you give us an example?