This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Problems loading gcc-compiled Qt/OpenGL program under IRIX
- To: j dot kellmer at synaps-ing dot de
- Subject: Re: Problems loading gcc-compiled Qt/OpenGL program under IRIX
- From: Wolfram Gloger <Wolfram dot Gloger at dent dot med dot uni-muenchen dot de>
- Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 15:36:47 +0200 (MDT)
- CC: svensen at cns dot mpg dot de, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <3B6E7981.2A85616F@synaps-ing.de>
> I had the same problem: my application dumped core, before even entering
> main. This is a problem between the GNU C++ Standard Library and the one
> built by SGI. libGLU is linked against libC; this causes a core dump of
> all applications linked against GLU and GNU iostreams. Searching the GCC
> mailing lists I found this:
> AFAIR you have three options:
> - use the SGI Compiler; I'm using some GNU extensions, so this was not
> an option.
> - avoid GLU; for obvious reasons, this wasn't an option either.
> - avoid GNU iostreams; that's what I did. I used iostreams only for
There is a fourth option:
- use a libGLU built with gcc
This is possible because SGIs sample implementation has thankfully
been open sourced.
I have a libGLU.so binary compiled with gcc-2.95.2 on Irix6 at
Note: it very probably won't work with gcc-3.