Re: Problems loading gcc-compiled Qt/OpenGL program under IRIX

Hello,

> I had the same problem: my application dumped core, before even entering
> main. This is a problem between the GNU C++ Standard Library and the one
> built by SGI. libGLU is linked against libC; this causes a core dump of
> all applications linked against GLU and GNU iostreams. Searching the GCC
> mailing lists I found this:
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2001-02/msg00535.html
>
> AFAIR you have three options:
> - use the SGI Compiler; I'm using some GNU extensions, so this was not
> an option.
> - avoid GLU; for obvious reasons, this wasn't an option either.
> - avoid GNU iostreams; that's what I did. I used iostreams only for

There is a fourth option:

- use a libGLU built with gcc

This is possible because SGIs sample implementation has thankfully
been open sourced.

I have a libGLU.so binary compiled with gcc-2.95.2 on Irix6 at

ftp://ftp.dent.med.uni-muenchen.de/pub/wmglo/libGLU.so.gz

Note: it very probably won't work with gcc-3.

Regards,
Wolfram.