This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- From: Gabriel Dos_Reis <gdosreis at sophia dot inria dot fr>
- Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 12:10:28 +0200 (MEST)
- Cc: aj at suse dot de, tprince at computer dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, lucier at math dot purdue dot edu, toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl
- References: <20010806094802.7ED9FF2B78@nile.gnat.com>
| By the way, it is very useful to have attributes or queries of some kind
| that tell a program whether it has proper denormals and signed zeroes. In
| Ada these attributes are defined in the standard (S'Denorm and
C++'s numeric_limits<> sort of is designed to provide such facilities
(among other things, telling whether the arithmtic data type complies
to IEEE-754 or not). However, there is no
numeric_limits<>::has_signed_zero -- which is not required by LIA-1, BTW.