This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: What is acceptable for -ffast-math? A numerical viewpoint
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, guerby at acm dot org
- Subject: Re: What is acceptable for -ffast-math? A numerical viewpoint
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 18:26:14 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jthorn at galileo dot thp dot univie dot ac dot at
>>Do you actively oppose to this proposal after rereading it?
Laurent you should reread your procedures, yes, you mentioned performance
in step 2, but in step 3, you said that the optimzation would be accepted
if no difficulties were found, but you did not make it clear that lack
of performance advantage data would be considered a fatal flaw, in fact
you don't even really hint of that critical step.