This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Changing WCHAR_TYPE from "long int" to "int"?
- To: Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Changing WCHAR_TYPE from "long int" to "int"?
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 09:48:06 -0700
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, linux-mips at oss dot sgi dot com,GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
I am working with Eric to clean up the Linux/mips configuration in
gcc 3.x. I'd like to change WCHAR_TYPE from "long int" to "int". They
are the same on Linux/mips. There won't be any run-time problems. I am
wondering if there are any compatibility problems at the compile time
at the source and binary level. For one thing, __WCHAR_TYPE__ will be
changed from "long int" to "int". The only thing I can think of is
the C++ libraries. But gcc 3.x doesn't work on Linux/mips. The one
I am working on will be the first gcc 3.x for Linux/mips. So there
shouldn't be any problems. Am I right?