This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- To: Adam Schrotenboer <ajschrotenboer at lycosmail dot com>
- Subject: Re: Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- From: Gabriel Dos_Reis <gdosreis at sophia dot inria dot fr>
- Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 18:27:47 +0200 (MEST)
- Cc: dewar at gnat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010805155638.573C8F2B78@nile.gnat.com><3B6D7247.firstname.lastname@example.org>
| email@example.com wrote:
| ><<That's certainly interesting, but still, what if I want to know what the
| >compiler did to my code (at least as much as can be), but I don't know
| >RTL? (Or perhaps if I learn it, can I get that to be output so that I
| >can improve my own coding practices?)
| >A fair point .. but not one with an easy solution
| >In GNAT, we have a very useful option to print out the optimized code in
| >source form, it only covers front end optimizations, not gcc backend ones,
| >but it is an interesting model. For example, you put in the source:
| All well and good, but what of C or C++? Perhaps an almost unfair q, but
| C is where most (at least UNIX) development is taking place.
I'm not sure to understand exactly what you intended. Could you