This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- From: Gabriel Dos_Reis <gdosreis at sophia dot inria dot fr>
- Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 17:39:57 +0200 (MEST)
- Cc: Gabriel dot Dos_Reis at sophia dot inria dot fr, toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010805153531.98B5EF2B79@nile.gnat.com>
| <<If that point were to be considered or included in the discussion, it
| would be a good thing to provide a list of supported plateforms where
| intermediate results use or do not use extra precision (e.g. x86-like
| vs. Sparc-like).
| There are two cases, extended real for 64-bit, this obviously only
| happens on Intel architectures, since no others support this :-)
| But the other csae is 64-bit for 32-bit, and that arises on a much
| wider range of architectures, e.g. Power
Yes, still we need to have a list of such supported plateforms; for