This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- To: gdosreis at sophia dot inria dot fr, toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl
- Subject: Re: Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 11:35:31 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: dewar at gnat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
<<If that point were to be considered or included in the discussion, it
would be a good thing to provide a list of supported plateforms where
intermediate results use or do not use extra precision (e.g. x86-like
There are two cases, extended real for 64-bit, this obviously only
happens on Intel architectures, since no others support this :-)
But the other csae is 64-bit for 32-bit, and that arises on a much
wider range of architectures, e.g. Power