Re: Draft "Unsafe fp optimizations" project description.

<<It seems to me that this really doesn't belong in the compiler proper,
and would be best served
separately.

You will miss many opportunities if you try to do these kind of
optimizations separately in a preprocessor. Why? Because optimizations
of all kinds yield other opportunities for optimziation, most notably
inlining is in this category. Indeed we have had several people on the
list note that the reason the programmer cannot always do these
transformations manually is because of inlining.