This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++-related web bug report
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Subject: Re: C++-related web bug report
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: 04 Aug 2001 11:04:39 +0200
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <Pine.BSF.email@example.com>
Gerald Pfeifer <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| Could someone fluent in C++ standards please have a look at web/3932?
Defect Report #45
is indeed about access granted to nested members (now, a nested member
acts as if it were implicitly declared friend of the class of which it
is member) and -not- about template implementation as claimed in the
PR. The quote from TC++PL3 -was- right at the time the book was
written. Unfortunately, that won't be the case anymore after TC1 is
published (soon, in fact). So I'll close the PR as NAB and mistaken.
However, I find the phrase "type access control" a bit obscure.