This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: dwarf 2.1 .debug_ranges
- To: Michael Eager <eager at mvista dot com>
- Subject: Re: dwarf 2.1 .debug_ranges
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 00:58:46 -0700
- Cc: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010727122534.A28963@redhat.com> <3B6B636B.C1155178@mvista.com>
On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 07:52:27PM -0700, Michael Eager wrote:
> As Daniel Berlin mentioned, this is handled by the non-contiguous
> addres changes.
Yes, I've been looking at draft 5, which didn't have the
most of the translation unit base address changes.
> If functions are contiguous, then there is backward compatibility.
> There is a desire to reduce the number of relocations which need
> to be done by a debugger. Where possible, relative addresses are used.
What about the idea for using DW_FORM_block instead of .debug_ranges?
Surely debug size is still a consideration...