Re: SH Linux: remove big endian multilib

Michael Eager wrote:
 > I see no value in multilib gcc for Linux systems.  You either have a
 > big-endian or little-endian target, with glibc built for that target.
 >
 > We have a patch in our gcc-sh build to build for a single, specified
 > architecture, without the unnecessary complexities of multilib.

Yup.  I agree this.

 > I'm all in favor of removing multilib for sh-linux.

But this is irrelevant.  I agree that sets of "single specified"
target is good.  But I believe that the definition of sh-unknown-linux-gnu
(sh-linux in short) is supporting multiple targets.

It seems that you don't read my patch (and argument) sent to
gcc-patches at all.  Could you please read it.  Is the patch is OK for
you?

Well, I explain again.  My point is,

(1) We should support following four targets in GCC which is NOT multilibbed.
	sh3-unknown-linux-gnu
	sh3eb-unknown-linux-gnu
	sh4-unknown-linux-gnu
	sh4eb-unknown-linux-gnu

    With those single specified architecture targets, you can build GCC,
    with GNU C library.  To do this, I need a patch I've sent to gcc-patches.

Do you agree this?

(2) Removing multilib from sh-unknown-linux-gnu is questionable for me.
    I'm afraid of it just means let the target sh-unknown-linux-gnu
    as sh3-unknown-linux-gnu.

(3) If you don't like multilibbed environment, just not use
    sh-unknown-linux-gnu, which supports multiple targets.
    Instead, use single one.

(4) I believe that the target sh-unknown-linux-gnu means supporting
    four targets:
	sh3-unknown-linux-gnu
	sh3eb-unknown-linux-gnu
	sh4-unknown-linux-gnu
	sh4eb-unknown-linux-gnu
    To suppurts those four targets, it uses multilib.

(5) Currently, GNU C library doesn't support multilibed installation.
    However, you can manually set up the environment.  Compile &
    install & move for those four targets (four times).