This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: What is acceptable for -ffast-math? A numerical viewpoint
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Re: What is acceptable for -ffast-math? A numerical viewpoint
- From: Ross Smith <ross dot s at ihug dot co dot nz>
- Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 11:57:18 +1200
- Organization: Ihug
- References: <20010803215506.17D01F2B69@nile.gnat.com>
> <<Having optimization change program results is a trickier case.
> But *all* the "optimizations" you suggest *do* change program results!
Not enough to matter. This is the point you and Gabriel seem incapable
Who decides what's "enough to matter"? _We_ do. They're our programs.
Stop telling us what we're allowed to want.
Ross Smith <email@example.com> The Internet Group, Auckland, New Zealand
"Unix has always lurked provocatively in the background of the operating
system wars, like the Russian Army." -- Neal Stephenson