This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ compile-time regressions
- To: dan at cgsoftware dot com
- Subject: Re: C++ compile-time regressions
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Fri, 3 Aug 01 09:58:07 EDT
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
I'm just completing some benchmark runs to see if our performance
actually changes if i tell CSE to stop caring about memory (and run
store motion after reload).
As far as I know, CSE is the only pass which knows the precise
semantics of when memory locations conflict. Remember that they aren't