This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Email Archive Search Mystery
- To: Alexandre Oliva <oliva at lsd dot ic dot unicamp dot br>
- Subject: Re: Email Archive Search Mystery
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 20:57:27 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: Jeffrey Oldham <oldham at codesourcery dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <overseers at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On 2 Aug 2001, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Aug 2, 2001, Hans-Peter Nilsson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > The underscore is there so you can search for variable names.
> > I did some archeology but I couldn't find why slash was added to
> > be considered part of a search word.
> Err... So that you can search for pathnames?
It's better to index them split-up so searches like those
Jeffrey mentioned *also* work. Else you'd have to specify
nothing but the exact path component(s) that were indexed.