Little_endian data on a big_endian platform?

I have an application that is being ported to a Solaris/SPARC platform.
This application interacts with other system processes and generates data
that is transmitted over the network to other platforms that are not
BIG_ENDIAN format.  Based on the information I have been given about the
client-server components, they were not built to pass platform independent
data formats on the network (for unknown historic reasons).  Are there
options (commandline or build) with the compiler that would allow it to do
the byte swapping on the data segment but not on the machine code so that
the application could be built to interact with the existing LITTLE_ENDIAN
network clients.

Barry J. Andreasen
Software Consultant		@Octave Communications
Point Technologies, Inc.	55 Northwest Blvd.
8 Silversmith Way		      Merrimack, N.H. 03063
N. Billerica, Ma. 01862		office: +1.603.459.5434
                              fax:    +1.603.459.5325