Please help me on gcc function pointers

Hi:

I am a computer science student who is working on
gcc. My project needs to deal with function pointers
of .c file. Could you please give me some info
on this? Like how function pointers are represented
in gcc and is there any special interface or
macros which are suitable for function pointers?

Also I would like to know which program I need to
read if I want to know exactly where function pointers
in .c file are parsed. Is it in parse.c?

Thanks a lot, any reply will be highly appreciated.
Zhu