Re: C++ compile-time regressions

--On Thursday, August 02, 2001 04:25:22 PM -0300 "aoliva@redhat.com"
<aoliva@redhat.com> wrote:

> I suppose it would be desirable to inline pretty much the
> same functions, regardless of the target.

Yes, I suppose -- although if a function really is going to take up
twice as much icache on one platform as another, it might be a less
promising inlining candidate.

If you run some numbers and can show it's a win, then I think that's
good.  I wouldn't commit it without demonstrating the win, though.