Re: Function taking array parameters not inlined ?

Thanks Joe for your answer.

You said :
> I am puzzled.  First off, there is no such thing as an array parameter
> in C or C++.  If you pass an array to a function, you pass a pointer
> to the first element.

I agree entirely. What I meant was this kind of parameter :
void function(double a[3]);

> Second, are you sure that the reason for the
> slowdown is that a function is not inlined?  Have you looked at the
> assembly code?

No. I don't know how to do this... But I'm willing to learn: what do you use to
see assembly code on linux platforms ? (on sgi, there is cvd)

> There could be some compiler bug that is giving slow code in this case,
> but probably no one has had the time to track it down.

But, it's rather annoying: arrays are very useful in C !

> Also, please don't send mail like this to gcc-testresults.  That list is
> only for posting results from standard testsuites, like the regression
> tests.  It's not for discussions or for posting code examples.

I didn't know that. I apologize for the noise.

Thanks for any help.

	David.

Benchmark source code and results at
http://www-imagis.imag.fr/~David.Bourguignon/download/
--
iMAGIS project, GRAVIR lab
INRIA Rhône-Alpes, 655 avenue de l'Europe