Re: What is acceptable for -ffast-math? (Was: associative law in combine)

May I suggest breaking this into two separate topics, in an
attempt to avoid attribution of some arguments to the wrong
category.
I think everyone is in agreement that -ffast-math should
not be enabled by default by -O. So I propose:

1: Should -ffast-math include transformations that can
   under certain circumstances yield substantially different
   results than the original code ?

2: What transformations should be allowed when -ffast-math
   is *not* specified (eg the a/b/c example).

--
Lyrian