This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Deprecate -fno-honor-std?
- To: mike stump <mrs at windriver dot com>, "jason_merrill at redhat dot com" <jason_merrill at redhat dot com>, "jbuck at synopsys dot COM" <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- Subject: Re: Deprecate -fno-honor-std?
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 14:53:15 -0700
- cc: "aoliva at redhat dot com" <aoliva at redhat dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "nathan at codesourcery dot com" <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
> Can I use the new library with the old compiler? Say, a 2.96 from top
> of the tree from around 6/21 1999?
Maybe. I sort-of doubt it -- but it might work, or it might be possible
to make it work. Note that there's no guarantee that the old ABI in
that compiler is the same as the old ABI in a 2.95 compiler; there might
have been accidental changes in that time frame.
A cheekier answer would be "I don't know. Can you?" :-)
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com