Re: Function taking array parameters not inlined ?

> I didn't get any answer to my previous post (Subject: sgi cc and
> gcc). Since I'm a newbie, I don't see any good explanations for the
> differences observed in my benchmark. Why is gcc unable to inline
> functions taking array parameters, resulting in very slow code ?

I am puzzled.  First off, there is no such thing as an array parameter
in C or C++.  If you pass an array to a function, you pass a pointer
to the first element.  Second, are you sure that the reason for the
slowdown is that a function is not inlined?  Have you looked at the
assembly code?

There could be some compiler bug that is giving slow code in this case,
but probably no one has had the time to track it down.

Also, please don't send mail like this to gcc-testresults.  That list is
only for posting results from standard testsuites, like the regression
tests.  It's not for discussions or for posting code examples.