This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libstdc++ test suite still drives machine into swap
- To: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>,Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: libstdc++ test suite still drives machine into swap
- From: Stephen M. Webb <stephen at bregmasoft dot com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 04:24:46 -0400
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CRYPTOCard Corporation
- References: <email@example.com> <Pine.SOL.3.91.1010731225616.16898Bfirstname.lastname@example.org> <20010801152417.A1541@disaster.jaj.com>
- Reply-To: stephen at bregmasoft dot com
On Wed, 01 Aug 2001, Phil Edwards wrote:
> .....I'll be the first one to suggest re-pathologicalizing (!) the
> size function arguments once we can make DG force the limits properly.
> Having the machine kill itself for 5-15 minutes on every test run is
> just annoying. It does however force us to take a typing break.
> I could also work up a patch to artificially limit max_size()/npos.
> That could conceivably be useful to users in any case.
Keep in mind that all of the max_size member functions are broken for
all the containers, it's just that there are no automated testsuite entires for
Stephen M. Webb