This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Strange behaviour gcc 3.0
- To: Igmar Palsenberg <i dot palsenberg at jdimedia dot nl>
- Subject: Re: Strange behaviour gcc 3.0
- From: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 18:58:14 +0100
- Cc: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>,gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
Igmar Palsenberg wrote:-
> Indeed, that is why I find this change in gcc 3.0 strange. Older versions
> never complained about it, gcc 3.0 makes it an error. I don't understand
> the reason for this change, but I'm not a compiler guru :)
Older versions *would* complain about it, if they were given the
However, there is a test in glibc that only defines them as macros if
the GCC version is larger than something like 2.96. Just to confuse
the issue further.