This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: What is acceptable for -ffast-math? A numerical viewpoint
- To: Reichelt <reichelt at igpm dot rwth-aachen dot de>
- Subject: Re: What is acceptable for -ffast-math? A numerical viewpoint
- From: Gabriel Dos_Reis <gdosreis at sophia dot inria dot fr>
- Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 19:37:26 +0200 (MEST)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200108011726.TAA19414@numa6.igpm.rwth-aachen.de>
| I opt for quite aggressive (and well documented) optimizations with
| -ffast-math (with a big warning in the documentation). But -ffast-math
| should not be turned on with -O2 by default. Maybe with -O3, but
| I think it's best to leave it to the user completely.
I'm not of the opinion that -ffast-math should automatically be turned
on at any level of optimization. It should be selected by the user.
In order words, current settings in that respect is fine.