This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: What is acceptable for -ffast-math? (Was: associative law in combine)
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, torvalds at transmeta dot com
- Subject: Re: What is acceptable for -ffast-math? (Was: associative law in combine)
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 13:38:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: Theodore dot Papadopoulo at sophia dot inria dot fr, amylaar at redhat dot com,aoliva at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdr at codesourcery dot com,moshier at moshier dot ne dot mediaone dot net, tim at hollebeek dot com,tprince at computer dot org
<<The above rules, btw, only apply for exact IEEE math, and on a number of
machines you _will_ see zero for the first one.
Hello! it was you who restricted the discussion to the x86. If we are allowed
to go to other machines, we have lots more examples up our sleeves :-)