This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: What is acceptable for -ffast-math? (Was: associative law in combine)
- To: Theodore dot Papadopoulo at sophia dot inria dot fr, gdr at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: What is acceptable for -ffast-math? (Was: associative law in combine)
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 13:04:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: amylaar at redhat dot com, aoliva at redhat dot com, dewar at gnat dot com,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, moshier at moshier dot ne dot mediaone dot net,torvalds at transmeta dot com, tprince at computer dot org
<<We're talking here of transformations which we do know able to
drastically change the results.
Words like drastically are not particularly helpful in this discussion,
plain "change" would be just fine.
THe issue is whether the "change" is worth the speed up.