This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Deprecate -fno-honor-std?
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: Deprecate -fno-honor-std?
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 07:41:58 -0700
- cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "jason at redhat dot com" <jason at redhat dot com>
--On Wednesday, August 01, 2001 10:08:55 AM -0300 Alexandre Oliva
> On Aug 1, 2001, Nathan Sidwell <email@example.com> wrote:
>> I think we should deprecate the -fno-honor-std flag on the 3.0.1 branch.
>> bug 3893 shows user confusion about its use -- expecting the stl to
>> function correctly with it.
I think (and I know this is different than what I thought before) that
we should just remove the option. But, we should really see what Jason
and Joe think; they are tapped into a different user base than me.
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com