Re: make install problems (libjava) with CVS 3.0.x branch

aoliva@redhat.com said:
> > I have a problem with make install using the current 3.0.x CVS branch.
> Are you using GNU make?

Yes.  This is on a Linux (RedHat based) box.

> > libtool: link: unable to infer tagged configuration
> > libtool: link: specify a tag with `--tag'
> > make[2]: *** [libgcj.la] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/obj-i386-linux/
> > i386-pc-linux-gnu/libjava'

> Remove .../i386-pc-linux-gnu/{config.cache,libjava} and try again.

Do you mean I should remove them right before the make install ?  Tried it,
and the install completes, but then it doesn't install libjava either...

The failure happens when I start in an empty directory, and do a full
bootstrap like so:
../gcc/configure prefix=/usr blah (ok)
make bootstrap (ok)
make prefix=$DESTDIR/usr install (fails)

> > I tried to repeat, after defining CC=gcc, but things stay the same.

> CC is not used for the target build.  In this case, it's using
> CC_FOR_TARGET, I believe.

Ok, I'll try that just in case.

Cheers,
					Christian