Re: Trunk frustration

> On 26 Jul 2001, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> > Hmm, may that be related to this patch
> >
> >    2001-07-19  Gabriel Dos Reis  <gdr@merlin.codesourcery.com>
> > 	       Bert De Knuydt <Bert.Deknuydt@esat.kuleuven.ac.be>
> >
> > 	   * src/gen-num-limits.cc (set_signals_handler): New function.
> > 	   Factor out signals setting.  Set signal handler for SIGILL.
> >
> > I cheked in that patch precisely because, there were an "illegation
> > instruction" trap at startup.  Several people which tested the patch
> > reported the problem was fixed.
>
> I tried with that patch reverted, and basically keep getting the same
> build failure.
I've got an access to ultrasparc/solaris box able to build gcc, so I will
try to figure out whats going out.

Note that the sparc backend has been broken for few months before I started
work on the cfg_cleanup.  I made it working for the testing (I wanted to have
few architectures available), but I never really tested the unmodified
numeric_limits in C++, as the box had outdated binutils not being able to cope
with C++ w/o some hackery.

Honza