Suggestion for option

Just wondering. Say I compile some big file, and there is some error at the
beginning. Murphies law dictates that at least one more error will show up
near the end if one terminates the compilation immediately because waiting
for the compiler to finish takes too long.

So, a desirable option would be something like
-fsyntax-check-after-first-error that switches to syntax/error checking only
once it is clear that nothing can be compiled anyway. I don't think this
exists, but it would seem that somebody else must have thought of this
before!

College de France/LPPA
11, place Marcelin Berthelot
75005 Paris, France