GCC 3.0.1 Status Report

We are nearing the pre-3.0.1 freeze.

In particular, after midnight GMT - 0800 on July 21st, non-documentation
check-ins on the branch will require my approval.  I will make a release
candidate at that time, for the planned August 1st release.

If things don't make it into this bug-fix release, they can always go
into GCC 3.0.2, due in October.

However, if there are regressions on the 3.0 branch, relative to GCC
3.0, then we should know about them.  If you are aware of such
issues, make sure they are in GNATS, and make me aware by emailing
me directly, including the PR numbers.

I know we have already made some pretty significant bug-fixes, so I'm
confident that the 3.0.1 release will be useful to current 3.0 users.
It would be nice to address some of the lingering issues relative to
GCC 2.95 that are preventing people from upgrading.

If you are working on fixes that you would like to see in GCC 3.0.1,
now is the time to finish them up.  This is partly a reminder to myself;
I've been working on the new C++ parser, and that's meant I haven't fixed
some bugs in GNATS that I should get going on right away.