Re: BUILD ON DARWIN

On Monday, July 16, 2001, at 04:16 PM, cems@lanl.gov wrote:

> MAKE GIVES ARRORS ON APPLE OS-X
> [...]
> ../../gcc/function.c: In function `assign_stack_local_1':
> ../../gcc/function.c:596: `DEFAULT_ABI' undeclared (first use in this
> function)

Since this identifier is unconditionally #define'd in rs6000/darwin.h,
the fact that the compiler thinks this is a global variable
suggests a configure-time mistake of some sort.  You didn't
supply your configure command, so it's hard to tell, but in
any case, to configure for Darwin, it's not necessary to supply
any arguments at all.

Also, I recommend "make CC='cc -no-cpp-precomp' bootstrap"
to make from the top, since GCC's own configury supplies the
redefinition of CC, but the top-level make overrides it by
default.  (This isn't critical, but without it you get lots
of complaints from Apple's cpp-precomp preprocessor, plus the
build goes more slowly.)

Stan Shebs
shebs@apple.com