Re: Newbie to creating front ends to gcc (and now also: trying to build gcc 3.0 under DJGPP)

> > > I'm running GCC 2.95.3 at the moment as that is what goes with DJGPP.
> > That is quite out-of-date with respect to current sources, unfortunately.
> > To save yourself effort, I'd strongly recommend using GCC 3.0 or a recent
> > development snapshot.
>
> Maybe that will solve the "too many lines" debugging problem as well?

You can solve it with 2.95 too, just use -gstabs instead of -g.

> > If you're stuck with using Windows, that may make things a little more
> > difficult.  I don't know whether 3.0 or recent development snapshots
> > work with DJGPP, but I think they probably do work with Cygwin.
>
> Well, if they don't, someone should fix it, right? :) So I gave it a
> try. Maybe we can solve this together...

[...]

You can save a great deal of time if you use a ready-made DJGPP source
distribution for 3.0. Get it from simtel, v2gnu/alphas/gcc30s.zip

Laurynas