Re: Providing the start context for a raise ?

Thanks for your prompt reply :)

Richard Henderson writes:
 > There is some provision in the current unwinder for systems
 > to provide the extra knowledge to unwind through a signal.
 >
 > Ignoring some other complications for the moment, assuming
 > this was flushed out for all systems, you'd be able to just
 > throw from the signal handler.
 >
 > Java is using this for throwing NullPointerException and the like.

 OK, that's good to know. My first try under Linux had been unsuccessfull but
 this turned out to be related to another problem (signal actually caught
 while sleeping in libc).

 Could you please point me to where these provisions are ? I have read part of
 the unwinder code but don't remember having noticed anything related to this
 issue.

 > Now, it turns out that some systems (like Solaris) make it difficult
 > to write this extra bit of code for the unwinder.  I've discussed
 > privately with Andrew Haley a dwarf2 extension that would record where
 > the sigcontext is stored in a frame, which would allow propagation
 > to continue as if from the stored state.
 >
 > I havn't found the time to get around to it yet, but it's desired for
 > 3.0.1.

 Sounds just great :)

 Thanks again,

 Olivier