This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: no newline at end of file
- To: moz at compsoc dot man dot ac dot uk
- Subject: Re: no newline at end of file
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 00:56:27 -0400
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010715024419.A84310@compsoc.man.ac.uk>
> What is the rationale for this warning ? What can break or is it a
> standards thing ?
blah blah blah<no newline>
Now imagine a preprocessor that isn't smart enough to put
the newline in for you...
blah blah blah#include "grill.h"
It may not include grill.h.