Re: Issues upgrading to GCC3.0

On Jul 11, 2001, "George Yohng" <yohng@drivex.dosware.8m.com> wrote:

>> Can you please help me?

Upgrade binutils.

>> I seen, that GCC3.0 introduces libgcc_s.so. What is that one?

It's a shared version of libgcc.a.  By default, it's only linked in
when creating a shared library with gcc, i.e., when running gcc
-shared.  There's some option in the manual that can override the
choice between the shared and the static libgcc.  I don't recall the
exact spelling at the moment.

>> I'm really eager to know, whether it is possible to link libstdc++ and
>> all  other GCC3.0 dependent stuff statically, so that customers with
>> GCC2.95.2  installed can run my binaries without installing additional
>> libraries.

-static.

> However, I would like to keep libc.so.6 shared linkage.

Oh.  Then, you may have to mention libstdc++.a explicitly.  Try `gcc
-print-file-name=libstdc++.a'