Re: Beyond GCC 3.0: Summing Up

    I can tell that right now, it is not an easy job to do. It takes more
    resources you can image. Why not let Linux/xxxBSD distribution vendors
    do it for us. The only thing we have to do is to make frequent bug fix
    releases to fix the regressions they have found. But if it takes a few
    months for a bug fix, I don't think any Linux/xxxBSD distribution
    vendors will try the new gcc to build their whole distribution. They
    need a responsive compiler provider.

I don't follow you.  They would be doing this *before* a release, on a
tree that is frozen as part of the release process.  We would not make a
release until they confirm that it works.