Re: AIX binaries

>> Stephen Webb's "staging headers" patch, discussed earlier this
>> month on libstdc++ mailinglist.  I do not see his patch in libstdc++-v3
>> on the gcc-3.0 branch.

Phil> Stephen, Benjamin, and I are actively working on that right now.

	Great, that's what I thought and why I have been quiet.

>> Otherwise, my patch to configure to use the default limits (as if
>> cross-compiling) if mknumeric_limits fails.

Phil> Maybe this should go in anyhow.  Or the patch that uses a preconstructed
Phil> header if one is found in the OS directory, and probes with mknumeric_limits
Phil> if one doesn't exist...?

	My patch re-invokes mknumeric_limits with the xcompiling flag (or
whatever it was renamed) if the first attempt to run it fails.  If the
second attempt with xcompiling fails, the developer is SOL and we're back
to the current behavior.

	Personally, I would rather have include/bits/std_limits.h
pre-computed in the config/{cpu,os} directory like atomicity.h.  For
instance, mknumeric_limits assumes that it can ascertain the FP rounding
mode which the user can change on AIX.

	I would be happy to supply std_limits.h if V3 configure looked in
the OS directory before running mknumeric_limits.

Thanks, David