Re: [GCC 3.0] Bad regression, binary size

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Neil Booth wrote:
>> Indeed, GCC 3.0 takes an order of magnitude longer to compile my sources,
> That's not fair - it's not compiling the same sources if you're
> talking about C++ with the standard library, which I presume you are.

Well, yes. As I wrote "Plus, a lot of that slowdown probably is due to
libstdc++-v3 and its much more standards compliant implementation of
iterators etc."

But, frankly, as I user I'm mainly seeing the following: It's exactly
the same source that compiles without warning under both compilers, and
one compiler takes significantly more time and more memory to generate a
binary that is both larger and slower.

Gerald