This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.0 errors on AIX 4.3
- To: simon <sk2alexa at math dot uwaterloo dot ca>
- Subject: Re: 3.0 errors on AIX 4.3
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 18:17:04 -0400
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
>>>>> simon writes:
simon> Thanks to all those who had suggestions for bootstraping 3.0 on AIX. After a
simon> couple of iterations, the bootstrap completed.
simon> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: std::string::_Rep::_S_max_size
simon> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: std::string::_Rep::_S_terminal
simon> ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information.
simon> Has anyone else had this problem? This is using the system ld.
Yes, this is a known problem caused by V3's greater reliance on
templates and the G++ template implementation reliance on weak symbols.