Re: GCC 3.0.1 Status

William Cox writes:
> The most noticable portability issue for me is the failure to
> bootstrap on Solaris 2.7, even with binutils 2.11.2.  I've seen
> claims that it now works, but cannot reproduce them.

I had an intermittent problem bootstrapping on native Solaris 2.7.
My source dir was on an NFS-mounted file system and my build dir
was on a local file system.

The problem looked a lot like an old problem with "touch" and
timestamps.  I rebuilt gnu make 3.79.1 with "--disable-nsec-timestamps"
and the problem went away.  Can you try that for a workaround?

The problem also went away when I tried to reproduce it and re-capture
the log.